A Message to the Business Community
Historically, Harvard has championed the principle of Equal Opportunity. The University continues to make efforts to promote diversity throughout the student and employee populations as well as increase the level of participation by minority- and women-owned business enterprises (MWBEs), and small businesses enterprise (SBE) in the University’s procurement process. Harvard seeks to create a climate that encourages minority- , women-owned business, and small businesses to compete for University business, and it strives to eliminate potential obstacles to small business participation in University purchasing activities.
The Harvard University Procurement Department supports Harvard’s Supplier Diversity Program by:
- Maintaining vendor MWBE/SBE status and certification records;
- Including MWBE/SBE status considerations in sourcing templates;
- Providing outreach and educational events for MWBE/SBE firms;
- Identifying qualified MWBE/SBE for the University community; and by
- Participating in local and regional MWBE/SBE vendor fairs.
Those interested in learning more about the Supplier Diversity Program are encouraged to contact Harvard University’s Senior Advisor for Supplier Development and Diversity, Gladymar Parziale at email@example.com
Additionally, Harvard University maintains its commitment to the small business community through its association with the Greater New England Minority Supplier Development Council (GNEMSDC), Massachusetts’ Supplier Diversity Office (SDO), and Center for Women Enterprise (CWE).
The Harvard University Procurement department encourages minority- and women-owned and small businesses to pursue certification or registration opportunities through:
- Massachusetts’ Supplier Diversity Office (SDO) www.mass.gov/sdo
- Massachusetts Small Business Purchasing Program (SBPP) www.mass.gov/sbpp
- Greater New England Minority Supplier Development Council (GNEMSDC) www.gnemsdc.org
- Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) www.cweonline.org
- Small Business Administration (SBA) www.sam.gov
- Department of Veterans Affairs www.VetBiz.gov
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce www.nglcc.org
For more information on Doing Business with Harvard please visit: http://procurement.harvard.edu/doing-business-harvard